When Shannon began contemplating plastic surgery to enhance her appearance, she asked women who went under the knife about their experiences. Many of the women she talked to recommended Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. James Scheu who is acclaimed for his dedication to delivering beautiful facial rejuvenation results. Shannon, age 60, has gone to Dr. Scheu several times in the last few years and remains a loyal and satisfied patient.
What procedures or treatments have you experienced?
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Dermal fillers
- Fractional CO2 laser
- Fraxel® laser
- Mini facelift
- Fat transfer to the lips
What did you like about the doctor and his staff?
Dr. Scheu is very thorough, and he doesn’t sugarcoat anything. He tells you the upsides and downsides of anything you want to have done, and then you decide if you want to take the chance. He’s very honest about the procedures and what to expect. He is also nice and friendly. I’ve been there so often that I know all the staff members, and they’re very sweet.
What was the doctor’s availability?
He calls you when you get home from surgery and checks on you. If I have any questions, he is available, unless he’s in [the operating room]. If so, he always calls back. He has good follow-through. He answers questions very well and thoroughly.
How was your recovery?
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers: You can go to work the next day [after treatment with injectables]. I bruise a little, but I can cover it with makeup. My bruises last around two weeks, but it depends on the patient’s skin type.
- Fractional CO2 laser: This was my longest recovery, and it was two weeks. It seems more like the top layer of skin was removed, so I had to be bandaged for a while. I couldn’t go anywhere for five to seven days except to see Dr. Scheu.
- Fraxel® laser: I had some redness, but no oozing. It seems like Fraxel® works from the inside out. You can go back to work that day if you want to.
- Mini facelift: I had some bruising around my neck for about one week, but like I said I just covered it with makeup. I went out after five days.
- Fat transfer to the lips: It’s better than fillers! You can go out, but you will have really big lips for a while. The swelling goes down a little every day. It’s been a month since I had it done, and my lips are perfect now.
How do you feel about your results?
I think it’s obvious! I’ve been going to Dr. Scheu for years, so I’m very happy with the results. My results are fabulous! When I go out, and people ask how old I am, they don’t believe I’m 60. I just look like I haven’t aged; it’s very natural. Some people really look like they had something done, but I don’t.
If you could do it all over again, would you have still undergone this procedure? Are you planning on undergoing any other procedures in the future?
Yes! It helped that I knew what to expect. Research your outcome. Consider what you’re doing and whether the effects are going to be temporary or permanent. Ask about the side effects and downsides of what you get, and find an honest doctor.